FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO - June 12, 2017
On June 5, 2017 the 42nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) was held in St John's, Newfoundland. In addition to the regular business of the AGM, an election was held to elect governors to the Governing Board. The Governors elected to the Board include:
Three Governors for a 3-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
- Angel, Robin, M.Sc., CRSP, Regional Director Occupational Health and Safety, Nova Scotia Department of Labour and Advanced Education, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Belair, Paul, MBA, BASc, CRSP, CHSC, Director, Health, Safety, Environment and Quality, Keller Canada, Acheson, Alberta
- Shafer, Dale, MBA, CRSP, Director, Operational Management Assurance, Barrick Gold Corporation, Toronto, Ontario
One Governor for a 2-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2019)
- Szabo, Monica, OHST, CRSP, ROH, CMM III, Executive Director, Government, Municipal & Public Safety, Public Services Health & Safety Association, Burlington, Ontario
One Governor for a 1 year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018) for the position of Public Member
- Cotroneo, Andrea, LLB, ICD.D., Vice President & General Counsel (Canada), Capital One Canada, Toronto, Ontario
At the AGM, the presiding Chair, David Turner, P.Eng., MBA, CRSP, recognized Governors whose terms end June 30, 2017 including Dan Lyons, Geeta Sharma, John Hollohan, and Kevin Dawson. John Hollohan and Kevin Dawson will be continuing on the Governing Board in the capacity of Secretary-Treasurer and Vice Chair respectively. Woodrow French, CRSP, who was the Governing Board Chair from 1988-1989, was also presented with a special Past Chair's recognition pin.
A copy of the Annual Report presented at the AGM can be found here.
About the BCRSP
The Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) is a federally incorporated self-regulating, self-governing, ISO 17024 accredited and ISO 9001 certified organization established in 1976. The Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals sets certification standards for occupational health and safety professionals. The BCRSP grants the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)® credential to individuals who successfully complete the certification process through application assessment, interview, and examination. The Board governs its certificants in order that the public interest may be served and protected.
Nicola Wright, CAE
Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP)